Recently, it’s been an ‘eventful’ few months for Cloudoki with back-to-back events such as Slush, WebSummit, Kong Summit and dozens more, so we were more than happy to put our feet up and relax over the break. Now that we’re back, we’re kicking the new year into high gear, and we can’t wait to work on more projects for our clients!
And what better way to begin the new year than to celebrate a day of importance to all of us ‘tech-heads’: today is the official ‘National Technology Day’! Yes, that’s right, it’s a day where everyone who loves technology reflects on how much of an impact technology has played on our lives and looks to the future of technology. Could you imagine a world without technology? A terrifying thought, I know!
History of National Technology Day
The National Technology Day was founded in 2016 by AXEL, a leading technology-based company located in Las Vegas to appreciate all that technology has contributed so far. This day is observed as a fun unofficial holiday in the US.
As a species, we have come so far in such a short period of time. Whether it’s developing new advancements for medical and scientific purposes or creating apps to make our lives just that little bit better and more leisurely, it truly is a day worth celebrating!
As if it wasn’t obvious enough with our own company, tech jobs are among the strongest and fastest-growing categories outside of the healthcare industry (if we’re allowed to toot our own horns here). And, let’s face it, technology is now at the heart of almost every employment. The following are some of the areas that utilize technology in the workplace:
Technology assists us in staying organized, connected, healthy, and safe. Technology increases productivity and provides us with new perspectives on how the world works, helping us create new innovative ideas for ourselves and our clients.
Here is a list of ways you can observe #TechnologyDay:
Explore the ways technology impacts your life. Every day, it continues to change the way we live and drive us further into the world of the future. Ways to celebrate include:
- Exploring technologies of the past. Which ones would you bring back if you could?
- Share your favorite technologies.
- Discuss how technology improves your life.
- Test out new technology.
- Enroll for a technology class.
- Share your ideas for new technology.
- Do fun technology activities with your children.
It has helped a variety of sectors grow and expand their earnings. In the global technology arena, artificial intelligence and automation are prominent themes. It’s not surprising that a day dedicated to technology exists, given how so many depend on it.
Some fun facts about technology
Here are some interesting facts about technology to gear you up for today’s celebrations!
- There are over 3.8 billion Internet users across the globe.
- Every minute, approximately 570 websites are launched.
- You could get free domain names until 1995.
- Back in the 1960s, the Mouse was called the X-Y Position indicator.
- The email came much before the WorldWideWeb a.k.a the Internet. The former was invented in the 1960s by Ray Tomlinson and the latter was founded in the late 1980s.
- In the future, robots are meant to do most of the boring and unnecessary works. The word “robot” actually means “forced labor” in Czech.
- Radio needed 38 years to reach 50million people whereas the internet needed only 4 years.
Remember to use #NationalTechnologyDay and #TechnologyDay on social media and see what people are saying, and more importantly what amazing ideas are being shared and developed. And while you’re at it, why not talk to someone about your technology ideas or find a way to bring your vision forward? Technology Day is all about innovation and celebrating these amazing ideas.
PS, another fun thing you can try to do by celebrating National Technology Day is counting every time you use a device related to the telephone. You might surprise yourself! Happy Technology Day, from everyone here at Cloudoki!
Beyond Code: David Rosario’s Rise in Project Management
Explore the insightful journey of David Rosario, transitioning from a skilled developer to...Read more
What Role Does AI Play in Enhancing Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction?
Curious about the impact of AI on your enterprise? 🤔 Wondering how AI can boost efficie...Read more